Hawkins Hatton Solicitors Client Complaints Policy
Whilst we will always endeavour to provide the best service and best level of advice possible we are aware that occasionally things go wrong. This policy is intended to enable us to deal with any complaint promptly and efficiently whilst keeping you, the client, fully informed of any actions as a result of your complaint.
If you have a complaint please let us know in writing. Your complaint will immediately be passed to the Managing Partner, Harminder Sandhu.
What will happen?
1. We will have recorded the matter on a central record and opened a file on the issue.
2. We will send you a letter acknowledging the complaint within three working days and asking you to confirm the details.
3. We will acknowledge your reply and outline what will happen next, depending upon the nature of the complaint.
4. The investigation into your complaint will then begin usually by asking the member of our staff who is involved in your complaint to provide a report to the Managing Partner. The Managing Partner may also examine the case file if this is appropriate to understand your complaint.
Having done this the Managing Partner will report to you what suggestions he makes to administer your complaint. This will usually be done within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
5. If it is appropriate, you may then be invited to meet with the Managing Partner to see whether a resolution can be reached. If you do not want a meeting or if you are unable to attend we will send a letter setting out our findings and suggested resolutions usually within 28 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter
6. If you agree to come to a meeting any resolutions made will be put in writing.
Should you be dissatisfied with the outcome you may request a review of the decisions taken. The review could take any of the following forms:
• The decision will be reviewed by the individual who made the decision taking into account grievances raised in your request for a review.
• The complaint will be reviewed by another partner who has not been previously involved.
We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review confirming the outcome of the review.